jQuery plugin : jqPageFlow – scrolling pagination made easy
Simply put, this plugin makes the scrolling pagination found on sites like dzone.com and Google Reader easy to implement on your site.
This is of course all configurable, and intended to be used on an automatically generated page using a backend script (eg php).
Please note that this script is still currently in beta, so if you find any problems please post a bug submission to http://code.google.com/p/flexidev/issues/ with as much information as possible
- Download the latest source code from the repository : http://code.google.com/p/flexidev/downloads
- Include the jQuery library into your page header (this plugin supports both jQuery v1.2.6 and v1.3)
- Include the jquery.jqpageflow.js file into your page header
- Include the supplied css file in your page header : modify as you see fit
- Create a php/.net/perl/python etc backend script to handle the serverside stuff – see the index.php file (this page) included in the download source for a basic example
- Compatable with jQuery v1.2.6 and 1.3
- Configurable options : including the url to call, current page, pager var, container element etc
- Server side platform independant : tell it how to interact with your backend scripts
- Cross browser compatability, tested in FF 2.5+, Safari 3+ (more browsers to come soon)
- Skinnable loader with CSS and customizable image path
- url: Specify which url (relative or absolute) the plugin should submit the ajax request to. Defaults to current window.location
- currentPage: Gets appended to url as a GET value to help your backend script keep track of which page of results the user is on. Defaults to 0 (first page)
- pagerVar: Related to currentPage, gets appended to url as a GET var to help your backend script keep track of which page of results the user is on (e.g. index.php?page=2). Defaults to “p”
- perPage: Used for calculation and display purposes, tell the plugin how many results are being displayed per page. Defaults to 50.
- totalResults: Tells the plugin when it needs to stop trying to look for more results. Defaults to 100
- container: Specify which html element contains the result items, can be any jQuery compatible selector (eg “#mycontainer”, “.results”, “body”).
Any html returned to the ajax call gets appended to this element. Defaults to “body”
- loaderImgPath: Tell the plugin where to find the loader img relative to the page calling the plugin. Defaults to “images/loader.gif”
- debug: When set to 1, the plugin will print debugging information to the console (firebug). Defaults to 0
- 18 Jan 2009 : version 0.1b released
- Plugin Author: Barry Roodt – https://calisza.wordpress.com , Twitter
- Naming ideas, SEO/SEM help: Christopher Mills – http://imod.co.za , Twitter
- RT @_lerabela: Pravin is still FM for now. #PoorDes https://t.co/cQLmjXCrFw 5 hours ago
- RT @RooiRobot: How the whole tragedy could have been avoided https://t.co/UUHBPuuZpq 5 hours ago
- RT @TomEatonSA: At what point does deliberate harm to an economy by a sitting president become treason? 5 hours ago
- RT @krisajenkins: Anakin: I'm not afraid. Yoda: You will be. (Yoda commits a function that takes 8 String arguments.) 7 hours ago
- RT @TomEatonSA: Rand drops over 2% as Zuma orders Gordhan home because trip was "unauthorized". You know what else is unauthorized? 783 act… 1 day ago